Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holocaust Survivor


There are moments in history that I just don't understand.  As a history teacher I know there is a reason, but my human heart cannot comprehend.  How could you treat another human being so cruely?  The holocaust is one of those moments.  I have studied it a lot, and I'm sickened by the whole event.  I usually cry and cry when I read stories from survivors because I put myself there.  What would it be like to live through that and experience it?  The holocaust I can't even imagine!

So it is important to know the story, and make sure it never happens again!  The saddest thing is that most of the survivors are dying.  They will no longer be allowed to tell their story.  It is now our responsibility to make sure the world never forgets, and something like the holocaust never happens again!

Here is one survivor's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis