Saturday, May 4, 2013

Experience is the Best Teacher!

This week in my US Government class - I asked why don't people vote?  Or care?  Their responses were fascinating!

 
One student said it is experience.  I was intrigued by that so I asked her to elaborate.  She said basically if you have experience with an issue you are going to care more.  I totally got that because I care about the Health Care Issue after what happened to me in the summer of 2011.  I spent 4 months in the hospital, and couldn't stand or walk.  I have a whole different perception of health care now after that experience.  Then two days later I found a great YouTube series.
 
The Professors interview people  who have dealt directly with human oppression, and from their experience we can all learn from them.  This was such a GREAT idea!  Here are a few of those videos!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis