home contact class work btw photos

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Amending the Constitution

 
A little while ago in my US Government classes we covered Amendments to our Constitution.  I always think this is one reason why our government has lasted so long!  Our Founding Fathers have made it possible to change the constitution and change and adapt with the times.  The constitution explains the process in Article 5.  It is a long process to change the Constitution.  It takes years, but it should!  We really need to make sure the amendment is needed!
 
There are so many different amendments.  I always ask the students which one is the most important?  I always get the same response!  The 1st Amendment - Freedom of Speech!  Then I had them write an amendment.  I asked them to think about what does this country need?  Here are the topics they came up with:
 
  • Congress Term Limit
  • Balanced Budget
  • Treating Disabled Equally (Made me Smile)
  • Get rid of discrimination
  • Gay marrisage to be legal

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis