home contact class work btw photos

Friday, September 16, 2016

What is the Enlightenment?


My goal as a teacher is to have my students think for themselves!  So the first week we read "What is an Enlightenment?" by Kant.  I will admit it is a hard read, but we tackled it with AP strategies, and discussed it!  The main point of his essay is tto think for yourself, and do not let others think for you!  That is why I had them read this!  I want them to think for themselves!  After we read and discussed the essay they made mini posters of what the Enlightenment means to them!  They were so good!  Here are a few of my favorite!


It was the Age of Enlightenment, and Kant and others were fighting for us!  He said he will never experience Enlightenment, but he is willing to die for others to experience the Enlightenment!  That is amazing!!!!  The  ideals of the Enlightenment inspired America!  Here is the Essay we read:



I believe this scene represents the Enlightenment.  You can know everything, but you have to experience life!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis