home contact class work btw photos

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Black of Infantry of the West



I am so honored who is my grandfather!  He wrote the above book, and was a civil rights activist in Oklahoma!  He inspires me!  He got the idea to write a book about the Black infantry of the West when he served in the military during the Korean War.  The American military was still segregated.  He was a white officer to black troops.  He saw first hand how they were treated, and spoken to!  He researched this, and wrote this book.

Four years ago he came and talked to my classes, and spoke about the history of this extraordinary infantry.  One thing he said that stood out to me was knowing this history is important!  It is a story of heroics and courage!  A review of the book is below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis