home contact class work btw photos

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I Stand With Paris!


A few weeks ago sadly Notre Dame de Paris caught on fire and burned for 6 hours till it finally went out!  It caught the attention of the world, and we all sat in horror and shock while it burned.  I truly believe most felt helpless.  Dan Rather captured the world's emotion with this statement:

"Why has the burning of Notre Dame moved so many? Because we believe in beauty, majesty, faith, art, history, and the human expressions thereof. We recognize in this cathedral our common humanity. A scar now emerges in our connections to our past, our future, and each other."

I feel so lucky! I have been to Paris 14 times, and I hope I go back another 14 times.  Here are some of my favorite pics of Notre Dame!






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis