home contact class work btw photos

Monday, May 10, 2021

Henry Ford Museum

 


If you are ever in Detroit - GO HERE!!!!  I got to go in 2014, and it changed my life!  My BEST friend I was with wanted to go!  I put on my happy face!  But when I got there and realized they had famous vehicles!    I will never FORGET!!!  I turned the corner, and there it was Rosa Parks Bus!!!

The Henry Ford Museum bought the Rosa Parks Bus!

There was a worker sitting there, and they must have seen my excitement! The worker said I could sit in Rosa Parks' seat! What?! I was full-out history geeking out! I climbed into the bus and sat in her seat! I let that moment flood over me! I was loving it! Then, after what felt like 30 seconds, my friend said, while pointing at her watch on her wrist, "It's time to go!" I quickly told her, "No it's not!" I needed to soak it up for a little bit longer!

Then the museum worker told me I would want to sit in the seat over. I was perplexed and confused. Then the worker told me that President Obama visited the museum and sat in that seat! I quickly got up and sat in his seat!

If you want to experience history, go to this museum! It does not disappoint!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis