home contact class work btw photos

Monday, May 22, 2023

April 14, 1912

 


A moment that captured everyone's imagination still to this today was the sinking of the Titanic on April 14, 1912.  Everyone knows the story - the ship hit an iceberg and sank!



The real ship today under the ocean

It has become a cultural moment to know.  They even made a movie about it in 1997 with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kat Winslet.  It was the number one movie for months!  You see one group's experience on the Titantic!  So scary makes you think what you would do in that situation?  I hope none of us are in that situation.



There is even a Titanic Museum in Branson, MO.  If you have never been you should go!  I was blessed to go in 2019 - it was an amazing experience!  It is so personal.  You really get what a person on the Titanic felt!  Which is a huge reason why I love History!  I can put myself in the shoes of the person and imagine it!  

Outside the museum is a big Titanic and iceberg.  Here is a pic of my sister and I in front of the Titanic.  And the website!  Go if you can!  












No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis