home contact class work btw photos

Sunday, August 18, 2024

I Bleed Black and Orange

 




It is my 20th year at the Hive!  I bleed black and orange!!!!  I started working at the Hive in 2005. Feels like yesterday, but was so long ago!  Here are some of the reasons I love Booker T:

1. The Pride and the Tradition

This is Miss Hornet and I from last year.  She was in my class, and I ADORE her!  I LOVE the traditions of Booker T!  I am so glad teachers cannot vote in Mr. and Miss Hornet.  I usually know all the candidates, and love them all!


Last year my fifth hour won door decorating contest!  We were so happy!

I love Homecoming and Spirit Weeks, and dressing up!  My wardrobe is all black and orange!  This Homecoming 2013!  I love that students participate and go all out!  That really impressed me as a teacher!

2. Being a Class Sponsor - Class of 2010
The 2010 Nominees for Mr. and Miss Hornet Fall 2009

My 2nd year I became the Class Sponsor of 2010.  Being involved with Booker T is good for students and teachers!  Royce Anderson was Mr. Hornet, and TPS made a video about him.  Listen to his advice to future Hornets!  I completely agree!  Be involved - it deepens your love for Booker T!


Being the Class Sponsor of the Class of 2010 was the best decision ever!  I got to know them, and 11 years later we had a mini reunion, and the love was still there!  They will always have my heart!

3. I took students to Europe 3 Times
Paris 2007
Paris 2007
Rome 2008

I have done 3 trips to Europe with Booker T. students!  I am such an advocate for traveling!  See the world - the world is so much bigger than Tulsa, OK!!!  It was pure joy showing them the world!  

4. Supporting Students


Booker T students are rock stars!  I ADORE you!  I would move mountains for you!  Love watching you guys grow and learn!  I truly enjoy coming to school every day!  I have the best JOB on the planet!!

Class of 2024 - I will miss these two so much!!!!  They were in my APUSH class when they were sophomores.
Class of 2024 - I will miss seeing him in the halls saying hello!
Class of 2015 - These two have my heart!
2023 - Cheering on my APUSH Students before the Exam started.
This amazing girl was in my Advisory for 4 years!  So happy for her!
This was the NSU Graduation - Spring 2023.  I adore this girl to the moon and back!  So when she invited me to her college graduation - of course I said yes!  Her future is SO BRIGHT!!!































No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis