home contact class work btw photos

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Red Tails Field Trip

I don't know how it happened, but for Black History Month I got a field trip approved to go see Red Tails at AMC.  This movie is about the African American Fighter Pilots of WWII.  It is a phenomenal movie, and I went to go see it opening night.  At the end of the film I knew I had to bring students!  I'm still amazed that it all worked out, and I know the students had a great time!

The best part was having the theater to our self, and being at the movies during a school day.  I was watching the movie, and that kept standing out to me!  It was so much fun!  Oh at the end of the movie we ate pizza at the top of the stairs at AMC.  The icing on the cake was my sister (who works there) giving the students a tour of projection.

Here are pics of that day:


Some of my amazing students from 6th Hour - they got to go to the movies!


Brooklyn and Macy getting snacks before the movie




My sister came with us - and she is a manager at AMC!


All the pizza we ate!  Sorry the picture is sideways!

Trailer for the movie we saw - Red Tails:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis