home contact class work btw photos

Monday, May 11, 2015

Oklahoma Field Trip

In Oklahoma History we just got done studying Indian Removal.  To help bring it alive I wrote a grant to pay for a bus to Tahlequah.  They said yes!  I have wanted to do this field trip for a long time!  It turned out better than I could imagine!  We went to the Cherokee Heritage Center, ate lunch at NSU, and heard from my favorite college professor!  Here are some pics of our day:

After our tour we took our picture with a tour guide.  We saw the Cherokee Indian Village, and learned about their culture!  Afterwards we toured the Trail of Tears Museum.
 
We ate lunch at NSU in the UC.  Hopefully my students now appreciate Mom's cooking!
 
Afterwards my sorority took us on a tour of NSU.
 
My favorite college professor - Dr. Corbett talked to us about how to be successful in college.  I love how he said you are going to get into college, but you have to find a way to stay in!
 
Dr. Corbett!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis