home contact class work btw photos

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Abraham Lincoln's Presidential Library

Everyone always asks me, "Who is your favorite president?"  I don't even have to think about it because I know - Abraham Lincoln!  I truly believe he was our greatest president.  He was president at the worst time - America's Civil War.  He was the right man for the job, and even during his lifetime people didn't understand him or his decisions.  A few times people demanded for his impeachment, but they couldn't see his wisdom. 

A few years ago I was visiting my grandmother, and she took me to Lincoln's Presidential Library.  WOW!!!  There are no words to describe it.  It got a multi-million dollar face lift, and is an amazing museum.  It's engaging and interactive.  The curator of the museum said he just didn't want things on the wall.  He wanted the public to interact with Lincoln's life.  And you do.  Since I can't say in words how fantastic it is - here are some of my pictures from that visit.

Me and Lincoln.  When you walk in - the room is a huge oval.  On one side is a log cabin representing his early life.  The other side is a huge replica of the white house depicting his time as president.



You can even take a picture with the Lincoln Family!  This is me with my sister and grandparents.  Behind us is the replica of the white house.

Here is the log cabin when you first walk in.

 
Next to the White House they have John Wilkes Booth just hanging out.  Of course he is the one who shot Lincoln - so Abbey is taking out all of our aggression!

I can't say nicer things about this museum - it is simply the best!  If you are ever in Springfield, Il you should go.  You won't regret it!!!  Here is their official website if you want to see more about the museum: Official website for Lincoln's Presidential Library

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis