home contact class work btw photos

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Life Lesson - Don't Vent on Social Media

 
One thing that always surprises me is when people vent on social media!  They tell the world what is wrong!  One thing that I have learned in my life is that that is the one thing you don't want to do!  It will turn people off, and people will get a negative perspective of you! 
 
You want people to have a positive view of you!  One way you can help ensure that is to be positive on social media. Our world is changing, and you will be judged by what you put online.  And once you put it out there - it is out there forever!
 
So what do you want to be remembered for?  Think about that before you hit "post."  But now you're thinking what do I do when I'm having a bad day?  We will all have a bad day, or there will always be people we do not like.  Instead of venting online where anyone can see - find a trusted friend or family member that you can vent to.  That is what I do. 
 
Most of the world sees a very positive Ms. Haughey who seems to have no problems.  I have about three people that I vent to.  They are a safe place, and I know they will not repeat any of my life frustrations to others!  That is so comforting!
 
Also colleges and jobs will look at your social media!  Do you want them to see your Facebook?  Or is there anything that you would be embarrassed about?  I don't want you to be embarrassed!  So think before you post anything, and find a venting buddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis