home contact class work btw photos

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Historical Thinking Skills

There are many historical thinking skills we will use in class.  One you will need to know is continuity and change over time.  It is important to see in history what has stayed the same and what has changed.  Here are two great examples:

 
This Red Hot Chilli Pepper's video is GREAT because it shows continuity and change over time in a fun way.  They go through the decades of music starting with the 1950s and go to the 1990s.  It's funny to watch especially if you know the Red Hot Chilli Peppers this awesome Rock Band.
 
The questions to ask is what has stayed the same, and what has changed?  I am going to challenge you to do that.  Can you find similarities and differences?
 
 
My second example is phones throughout the years.  Boy they have changed a lot!  I remember being in 7th grade my mom got a cell phone.  It looked like the third one.  It was big and clunky, but it was exciting!  You did not have to use your land line.  And this will sound crazy to students today, but I did not get a cell phone till I was 22.  But I love this photo above because you can really see the evolution of phones.
 
So this is what you have to do in history.  Look at what has stayed the same and what has changed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis